Sunday, September 16, 2012

THE CALL!!!

It was just another Monday morning at the office for Vandana, besides the fact that this time she was deprived of her periodical hike in blood pressure due to an unfinished report/project that had the typical Monday deadline. Vandana had a long weekend, although she couldn’t spend time with her better-half Satya as he had been away from town since last week for an assignment. 

Her parents are settled in her hometown in Kerala and they had been persuading her for Marriage every time she visited them lately. She had once told them about her relationship with Satya last year and they had immediately shrugged off the possibility of a future for them together, as they believed that Freelance Photography was not a real job. After all you can expect nothing less from an orthodox family of hers with parents both being Govt. employees for almost 30 years now. They believed that she has put an end to her relationship back then and gave her a year to come out of its aftermath.

Although she didn’t have any deadlines for today, her newspaper reading was disturbed by the deadline that her parents had given her for getting married. They are of the belief that she is ready for an Arranged Marriage by now. She is constantly confused with her mind oscillating between the thought of going against her parents & marrying the man she loves for the past 4 years and sacrificing him for her parents’ peace of mind. But last few days she has been getting more clarity in what she should do and she is finally coming into terms with her decision on her future. She is again pondering over that and wishes if Satya was near her so that she can talk to him about it.

And Just like old times, proving their strong telepathy yet again, her cell phone starts ringing and as soon as she looks at it, there’s that quintessential beautiful smile of hers. Yes, Its Satya calling.

Satya : Hey Sweetheart..
Vandana : I was just thinking about you Darling!!
S : As always :)
V : Hmm... I wanna talk about something really serious.
S : yeah, you tell that every time and I start listening with so much attention, only to end up with one of the most  silliest issues u must have had.
V : Satya, its not like that this time around. Am serious!!!
S : Alright. I believe I know what you wanna talk about, my love. I have been thinking about it too. And I have finally taken a decision. So before you tell me anything, let me ask you. When can you take a leave any time soon??
V : Hmm..next week. This week is packed with meetings for preparing the quarterly report.
S : Ok I understand, how about 7th then??
V : No, on 7th we have the team review meeting and I am moderating it this time. I had told you that already. But as usual you had to forget.
S : Ahh... then you tell me a date.
V : How about 10th??
S : Hello, Remember the State Photographers’ Meet. I had told u as well.
V : oh ya I know, It just didn’t strike me at the moment, otherwise, I don’t forget things like you do.
S : Huhh.. Ok now for the final bid, how about 11th??
Vandana pauses for a moment and recollects that it was on a 11th June six years back that they had first met in College.
V : Yeah, Sure :)
S : So 11th it shall be.
V : Alright we hardly have a week to go then.
S : That's alright. I have already arranged an agent who will guide us to prepare all the required documents. Don’t Worry, my dear.
V : ( In an excited but anxious tone ) Ok. I gotta go now. Heading for our team meeting. We can discuss this in detail once you are back. By the way you will be here tomorrow morning right?? Call me as soon as you reach.
S : As you say your highness, I shall be your alarm tomorrow!!

Vandana cuts the call and rushes for the team meeting. As her meeting gets started and her team head is speaking sincerely about their quarterly report, all she could think about is the conversation she just had with Satya. She is floating in the air wondering how their telepathy still works after all these years, even from a distance. 

And that’s how they decided their Wedding Date!!!

She didn’t want to think about the consequences now. She was in Cloud Nine. She just wanted to feel the happiness and live the moment as it was The Call that changed her life Forever, For the Better.

- Dilse… K

3 comments:

Yashica said...

Perfect title :) very cute story... and yeah I so believe in telepathy :) :) Keep writing frequently :)

Yashica said...

Perfect title :) very cute story... and yeah I so believe in telepathy :) :) Keep writing frequently :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I've been following your website for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the good work!

my blog post :: mario